l3ianca

fluff

I find my crack with second-chance romances and angst-filled stories. Most preferably, always with sense.
Stripped (Stripped, #1) - H.M. Ward This is exactly what a 2-star rating means for me - it's okay. Too early to completely put off the whole series but enough to feel unsatisfied. At the beginning I had high hopes because I live for this kind of drama - the "love turned hate" angst and second-chance stories always get to me. I loved Jon's hate towards Cassie until he learns the truth...I felt that that was anticlimactic. He sweeps it under the rug like he didn't just spend the last few years hurting and hating because he didn't bother to stick around for an explanation. Now the only thing that's stopping him from being with Cassie is her marriage? I can't help but think that I wasted my feelings and hope for the first 2/3 of the book.

But there really wasn't much that happened after the "big reveal,"
right? So that's where I decided I couldn't completely write this series off. It's been a sick game that I have with this author's books - I always say that maybe the next volumes will be better. It's a hit-and-miss for me; sadly with more misses lately..

I should probably just wait until the author's done with all her current series (I wouldn't be surprised if there will be another book for the Ferro cousin).. I'm okay with linked stories between different books (I love it when it's done right!) but when the characters from an incomplete and totally-far-from-being-finished series pop up, it just messes with my head :|